HOW TO FEST
Attending a film festival can be overwhelming, so we’ve compiled some tips on how to maximize your festival experience.
Clear Your Schedule
The festival only comes once a year, so treat it like a mini vacation. You’ll get the most out of it by simply planning ahead and keeping your schedule open October 20-28, 2011.
Try Something New
Be bold and adventurous with your film picks. Try a documentary or a few of our short film programs.
Join Us for Special Events
Whether it’s the opening or closing night reception, art show, live music, film discussion, gala awards dinner, or live film project, these special events are what make the festival a festival.
Connect with the Festival on your Phone
Keep up with the schedule and take the Festival with you on the go by downloading our mobile application. Available on Android and Iphone beginning of October. Check back for updates.
Be the first to learn about newly-added or cancelled screenings, surprise announcements, discounts, coupons, and freebies on your cell phone. Get daily festival updates on your cell phone. Simply text “SDAFF” to 53137.
- 1. For HELP with texting service, please email email@example.com
- 2. To Opt-Out of Texting, please text STOP to 53137
- 4. For Terms and Conditions, please CLICK HERE
- 5. Message and Data Rates May Apply
Connect with SDAFF Online
Connect with other SDAFF lovers.
- Follow: @SDAFF
- Join the conversation: #SDAFF12
- Become a fan: facebook.com/SDAsianFilm
- Subscribe to our video channel: youtube.com/SanDiegoAsianFilm
Become a Member
Memberships start at $55 and easily pay for themselves through discounted tickets, exclusive member screenings, and many more special benefits. Only members are allowed to purchase All Festival Passes. There will be special member perks during the Festival as well! To sign up to be a member, CLICK HERE.
Festival on a Budget
- Save money by purchasing 4-packs or 10-packs of tickets (HUGE discounts)
- Look out for free screenings, including our Free Films at Four every weekday at 4pm!
Save your ticket stub for specials at surrounding Hazard Center Businesses. Discounts to be updated, so check back often!
Tell Us What You Think
We are here to serve you and the artists. So, tell us what’s on your mind. We love compliments, and if you have a complaint, we want to know too (but please, don’t yell at us, it hurts our feelings). We have a comment box in our lobby; please fill out a survey. Or feel free to contact us directly at 619.400.5911 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate in Q&As and film discussions. Read and write reviews. Broaden your film appreciation.
- Bring a sweater; sometimes the theaters get cold.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes before each show.
- Clean up after yourself after each show. It helps us turn around theaters faster.